- Marine microbiology represents a central activity for many of the projects in the lab.
- Automated LC-MS-bioassay fractionation system
- Fermentation flasks for library generation
- Two of the analytical instruments available in our laboratory for natural products discovery
- A small selection of the environmental isolation plates that come from a typical field expedition
- Participants from one of our USAID-sponsored workshops on Marine Biotechnology
- Two of the workshop participants from the Indonesian Marine Biotechnology series receiving course certificates
- US and Indonesian participants in the field component of the Indonesian Marine Biotechnology workshop series
- One of our dive platforms, somewhere in Northern California
- Collecting sediments in the wilds of California’s North coast
- No comment….
- Local diving to collect samples in our own backyard in Pinnacles, Monterey Bay
- Our friend Clint collecting samples for the program at McMurdo Sound Station, Antarctica
- A day trip to collect samples just outside Monterey, Monterey, CA
- Divng expedition as part of the Panama ICBG program in Bocas del Toro, Panama
- Plating environmental samples at the end of the day at the Smithsonian Research Station in Bocas del Toro, Panama
Outside the Lab
- Lab group photo from the 2012 Christmas card
- Everybody wants it, but there’s only one way to win it…..
- Yes, that’s a chrome plated golf-club-swinging Incredible Hulk walkie talkie trophy, and he’s mad!
- Minigolf invitational winners 2009
- Minigolf invitational winners 2010
- Minigolf invitational winners 2011
- Minigolf invitational winners 2012
- Minigolf invitational winners 2013
- Lab Dinner
- Minigolf invitational winners 2014